UPDATE: On August 25, 2017 James Carpentier, AICP (ISA) and Mike Freeborg (Clarity Forge Consulting LLC) presented this webinar to 245 planners.
Click here to watch the webcast recording.
This webcast is currently available for viewing only and is NO LONGER APPLICABLE FOR AICP CM credits.
On-premise digital signs have demonstrated a proven ability to increase results for those that utilize them for commercial and community-oriented purposes. However, many communities are relatively unfamiliar with this rapidly evolving technology, and have concerns that these kinds of signs will create aesthetic, safety and enforcement problems for their communities.
Finding Common Ground When Regulating Electronic Message Centers
Fri, Aug 25, 2017 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM EDT
Moderated by James Carpentier, AICP, and presented by Mike Freeborg, principal at Freeborg LLC, the presentation provides practical, solution-focused guidance that can set the foundation for regulations that allow for the opportunity to leverage this technology while protecting community aesthetic values and safety concerns.Nearly all stakeholders struggling with digital signs and their regulation often have the same questions, such as:
- What really are these digital signs, and how do they work?
- How is electronic technology evolving?
- Is there any way for the community-at-large to actually benefit from them?
- How can we strike a balance between allowing businesses to use digital signs without creating aesthetic concerns?
- How do we allow them without looking like Las Vegas, or negatively impacting community safety?
- How do we regulate them in ways that are understandable and enforceable, without having to hire additional staff?
This webcast is worth 1.5 CM credits and is available for live viewing only.
Click here to register or contact firstname.lastname@example.org at the International Sign Association for more information.